Find your child’s next favourite book!
This is a collaborative post with Marlborough House School.
The English Department at Marlborough House School in Hawkhurst, Kent, have marked World Book Day 2021 by releasing the Marlborough Must-Reads; 18 personally recommended books to delight and inspire a new generation of readers.
Predominantly aimed at children in the Prep School (Years 3-8), there is a selection of fiction and non-fiction, and a collection of poems. Have a look at this super selection below:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Astrosaurs by Steve Cole
- The Parent Agency by David Baddiel
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Subtle Knife from His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
- The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- The Hamlyn Guide to Birds of Britain and Europe by Bertel Bruun
- The Twits by Roald Dahl
- Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
- How to Train your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Struwwelpeter by Heinrich Hoffman
- Some Dogs Do by Jez Alborough
- Chimpanzees of Happy Town by Giles Andreae and Guy Parker-Rees
Mr Little, Head of Drama and English Teacher, asked the children to “Enjoy books, enjoy reading, enjoy World Book Week,” while presenting his additions to the Marlborough Must-Reads list, which included a copy from his own school days.
Children at Marlborough House School, which is a country prep school for boys and girls from 2.5 – 13 years, will take part in their full World Book Week experience in the Summer Term, when the carousel of visiting authors, book fairs and fancy dress will descend for an inspiring week dedicated to books and reading.
Email email@example.com to book a private tour