As my maternity leave is drawing to a close, I have put together a list of my top things to do around Tunbridge Wells during what was a very special (but let’s face it, difficult sometimes too) time.
I would be lying if I said the last 11 months have been plain sailing, especially with trying to ‘entertain’ my three year old too, however I have tried to appreciate each day as much as possible and looking back at my earlier blog posts, I do think I had rather a nice time 😉
I would love to hear about what things you enjoyed while on maternity leave too? Please do comment below or on the Facebook page here.
- Join a prenatal and/or postnatal group – I still meet up weekly with friends from my NCT group and the postnatal group which I did at my local Sure Start Centre?almost four years on
- Baby swimming – We took Ben along to Puddle Ducks classes and it was such a beautiful, bonding experience
- Baby Cinema – The Odeon hosts a baby cinema session once a week. Ok, it can be quite noisy, but what a luxury to be able to go to the cinema during the day!!
- Tea and Cake – I spent hours sipping tea in several coffee shops around Tunbridge Wells with my new ‘Mummy’ friends after the birth of my first son. I didn’t have too much time to do that with Ben, but managed to squeeze in a few visits
- The obligatory church playgroup – I tried out several different playgroups and still go along to a couple of them now. They are a fab way of meeting other mums and getting out of the house on a rainy day like to today
- Visit the softplay area in Royal Victoria Place – It’s free and is the only way I can entice my older son into the shopping centre (without involving sweets)
- Bounce and Rhyme at the library – This is a lovely free activity. Also try out some classes at your local Sure Start Centre too – many of them are free or only £1
- Walks!! I loved pushing my big red double buggy (baby jogger) around with my two boys in it – yes it isn’t always that easy to navigate but it made being out and about so much easier and there is something really nice about pushing my little princes around this lovely town in it 😉
- Join a baby sensory or music class – I took both Harry and Ben along to Baby Explorers until they were each around 10 months and loved seeing their reactions to the music, movement and everything going on around them. There are some fantastic classes for babies in Tunbridge Wells
- Savour the time that you have with your little ones and try not to sweat the small things. Time is just whizzing by!