Those of you who have seen my previous posts may have noticed that my eldest son is a huge fan of pirates. He insists on wearing his pirate hat everywhere and only answers to ‘Pirate Harry’! When I told him about the pirate ship at Notcutts Tunbridge Wells, his excitement was palpable and I had to take him to the garden centre that same afternoon.
Notcutts Tunbridge Wells has had a complete makeover and is a really child friendly place. In addition to the outdoor pirate ship and play area, it also has a family friendly cafe with a good selection of food for both the adults and children (and beautiful cakes too), a jam-packed toys section and a mini door which my son occupied himself with for at last 15 minutes!
The outdoor patio area attached to the cafe is sheltered and often sunny and parents can sit back and relax while their little pirates and princesses play about in the wooden ship (not to mention the slides and other play things too).
Notcutts offer an exclusive Privilege Club called ‘Sage’ which costs £10 per year. If you are planning to visit this place a few times, I think it is well worth getting, especially for the two free teas/coffees per month :). Benefits include the following:
- 10% off everything* everyday – instore & online
- Two free teas/coffees every month (worth up to £56 a year)
- Three 2 for 1 restaurant meals (worth up to £29 a year)**
- Beautiful seasonal magazine with gardening advice, exclusive Sage events and demonstrations, competitions and special offers
- Exclusive 20% member shopping events
- Special offers from a selection of handpicked partners
There is plenty of free paring at Notcutts and also a section with small animals which the kids are likely to love too! Further information can be found here.